Operation Shoes: Xperience the thrill of making a difference in the lives of others
Welcome to Operation Shoes. Operation Shoes is an integral part of your VBX. It is meant to be integrated into any portion of your program and will most easily integrate with Snack Shack or the Opening and Closing programs. It will take 3-5 mintures each day. We have partnered with International Children' Care (ICC) to offer a program that will allow kids and families to donate shoes and uniforms to orphaned children around the world. ICC is a network of orphanages that provides for 530 children in 13 villages around the world. From the beginning, ICC resolved not to use the typical dormitory style orphanage, so they placed children in individual homes with couples chosen as parents for a family with 10-12 children. ICC provides mental, emotional, and spiritual support in addition to caring for physical needs. Most of the children are in school from preschool to universtiy and are in need of two pairs of shoes: dressy uniform shoes and an athletic shoes, along with uniforms and school supplies.
- Day 1: Learn about International Children's Care (ICC) and our exciting mission project! It provides shoes, home, and Christian education for children around the world.
- Day 2: Meet Juanita, a 7-year-old girl living in an ICC home in the Dominican Republic.
- Day 3: Discover what it is like to walk without shoes in different environments.
- Day 4: Meet Damian, a 4-year-old boy living in an ICC home in Mexico.
- Day 5: Create and decorate your own sandals.